1. It looks just like wood. One of the wonderful things about the engineered wood flooring which you could purchase today is the fact that it appears just like real wood. When engineered wood was initially introduced, it was considered by many to be the poor relation to strong hardwood, but even its harshest critics can't say the exact same today. A good excellent engineered hardwood flooring will fool even the toughest skeptic into thinking that the floor is or might be solid wood.
2. It does not expand and contract to the exact same extent as strong wood. Apart its great looks, this is possibly among the most critical benefits of engineered timber flooring over wood. Because of its smart construction, engineered timber flooring does not expand and contract to the exact same extent as wood. This signifies is that it is safe to put in surroundings where strong wood could risk harm. Specifically, bathroom and kitchen environments, in which moisture levels and temperatures change tremendously, the engineered wood flooring will not even bat an eyelid.
3. It's very durable. Engineered wood flooring is made up of layers and layers of plywood that are secured together before being topped off with a good wood lamella or top layer. The making of engineered wood flooring boards in this way means they are amazingly demanding and will stand up to heavy footfall in both the domestic and industrial environments.
4. It can be sanded. Even though the number of times that engineered wood flooring can be sanded is dependent upon the thickness of the lamella or surface, there's no getting away from the fact that engineered wood could be re sanded throughout its life. Re sanding a floor enables you to bring the floor back to life when it's looking exhausted. It is also a good way to eliminate surface staining or marking.
5. It can be refinished. Once you've re-sanded your engineered wood floor, you can refinish it to protect it and make it look like new again. What this signifies is that you are totally free to modify the appearance of your floor every time you re-sand and refinish it, providing you real flexibility.
6. It is available in a whole selection of species, grades and finishes. In the same manner that solid
7. The way wood floor boards are created, in order to attain a wide solid wood board, you want a seriously major tree. This isn't true with engineered timber flooring. Because the center boards are made from plywood, the boards can be made much, much broader than solid wood floors without breaking the budget. This signifies is that you are able to locate two or three strip engineered wood floors that will enable you to get fewer joins throughout your flooring and put in your flooring in a fraction of this time.
8. It comes from chevron and parquet look. It is growing increasingly more common to find engineered wood flooring planks in parquet and chevron designs .What this means is that you can purchase boards that currently have your desired completed fashion set up, allowing you to complete a thorough parquet or chevron floor job in next to no time.
9. It's easy to install. Easy to work and quick to put, engineered wood flooring lends itself perfectly to both DIY and professional installation. In fact there's even a click system, which can be much simpler than standard engineered timber flooring for anyone who fancies taking on a job of this nature for the very first time.
10. It will not break the bank. The last, great advantage of engineered wood flooring is that even though it may look as though it cost a fortune, it won't.