But many men and women believe that it is very tricky to maintain hardwood floors. Many neglect the idea of maintaining them along with the fear of causing irreparable damage to them. Relax; as keeping a hardwood flooring is a simple job. Here are a couple tips.
• The problem of dirt accumulation is quite common. For this, it's advisable to sweep the ground regularly. You could even vacuum it to take out the dirt which could lead to scratches on the ground. Use the vacuum cleaner soft brush nozzle to prevent damage while cleaning.
• Your footwear may also damage the floor. For this, you can use center piece rugs to disperse across the floor, or rug runners in those areas where folks walk the most.
• Avoid using excessive water to clean out the hardwood flooring as water may damage it. At any time you find moisture or water on the flooring, ensure you wipe it immediately. Additionally, while cleaning the floor use a dry dampened mop to prevent any damage.
• Avoid dragging heavy furniture or other items throughout the surface of the floor, as they can scratch your flooring. In case you have to move a heavy thing, then clean the floor and then set the furniture pad beneath the thing and drag it. This will avoid scratches.
• Your carpets and rugs should be washed regularly to eradicate dirt as they may enter the weave and scratch the floor.
• It is advisable to ask your floors manufacturer regarding cleaning agents, buffing and waxing the floor. They'll be able to supply the specific products.
Good maintenance will revive its appearance and prolong the life span of your flooring.